Thursday 20 February 2020

Picture This: Blue Whale Blues


I was very lucky to be invited to New Frontier Publishing's first blogger event this week and came home with a collection of wonderful new picture books. They are all brilliant, but this is the one my children have requested the most (and walked around the house singing about) so I'm going to start my reviews with it. 

Blue Whale has the Blue Whale Blues. His bike is wet, he's not sure how to wear his helmet, and he's going nowhere fast. His friend, Penguin, helps him to solve most of his problems, but some things can't be fixed - they need to be laughed about instead. 

The artwork in this picture book was really distinctive and different. My children loved the inclusion of Blue Whale's song, which they are now singing on repeat and they loved laughing at Blue Whale's mistakes. Ultimately, this is a funny, uplifting story about what to do when things go wrong.


My daughter liked this story so much she read it out loud to her little brother. The text was large and clear, making it easy for my little reader to sound out. 


Blue Whale Blues is written and illustrated by Peter Carnavas

No comments:

Post a Comment