Wednesday 11 November 2020

Kingdom of the Wicked

Twins Emilia and Vittoria are both witches, but that's where their similarities end. Vittoria is bold and daring, Emilia cautious and reserved. Emilia is more interested in cooking in her family restaurant than inviting danger into her life, but when Vittoria is brutally murdered, Emilia will go to any lengths for revenge - even if it means making a deal with a prince of Hell. 

I was completely swept up in the magic and romance of this novel and could not put it down (or stop thinking about it once I got to the end). 

The world building was a real highlight for me - and not just the magical elements, but the Sicilian setting too. Emilia's passion for food left me wishing I board the next plane to Sicily (or at the very least visit an Italian restaurant!) 

The love-hate relationship between Emilia and Wrath was really well done, with some twists at the end which have left me desperate for book two. 

Tensions run high throughout this story, and there are a lot of darker moments. It is a story which often deals with grief, loss and depression, as well as exploring aspects of the seven deadly sins. There are lots of mystery elements to the plot too, with twist that will keep you guessing until the very end. 

Thank you Hodder & Stoughton for letting me review Kingdom of the Wicked via NetGalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment