Wednesday 7 June 2017

Why We Love: Nothing


Whenever Lila's mother asks her what she's up to, Lila replies 'nothing'. She might look like she's messing with a scarf and mittens, but she's really battling a sea monster, and when she's whizzing along on her scooter, she's actually a fearsome charioteer travelling faster than the wind. Nothing is a beautiful look into a child's imagination, and a brilliant reminder that you don't need fancy toys to have fun. 


This is our second Yasmin Ismail picture book, as we already have (and frequently read) I'm a Girl. The art work is very similar and the words have a familiar rhythm and flow. I think I prefer this to I'm a Girl as it's a bit easier to read aloud - I sometimes stumble over quite how I should be saying all the 'I'm a Girl's and would love to see a YouTube video of someone else reading it.  

Nothing is another library book we'll be disappointed to return. I have a horrible feeling our library trip is going to have turned into research for a big book order!


No comments:

Post a Comment