Wednesday 17 January 2018

2018: part three

For the past two weeks, I've posted about the books I'm most looking forward to reading this year. Here are the final three, two of which are by the amazing Louise O'Neil. 



When Sarah falls for Matthew, she falls hard.

So it doesn't matter that he's twenty years older. That he sees her only in secret. That, slowly but surely, she's sacrificing everything else in her life to be with him.

Sarah's friends are worried. Her father can't understand how she could allow herself to be used like this. And she's on the verge of losing her job.

But Sarah can't help it. She is addicted to being desired by Matthew.

And love is supposed to hurt.

Isn't it?



I can't find a cover or synopsis yet for this on Goodreads, unfortunately, but the sampler they gave out at YALC was gorgeous (we spent ages looking for it). I love fairy-tale retellings and I love O'Neil's work, so this is one I can't wait to start!


Told from the perspective of each character and a mysterious narrator, Floored is about all the ups and downs of life.

After they go through a traumatic experience together, the lives of six strangers become intertwined, and they decide to meet once a year to commemorate the day they met and the person they lost.

Another YALC sampler I can't stop thinking about is Floored, which is a collaboration between some amazing UKYA authors. It's told form multiple perspectives (each character voiced by a different author) and I really can't wait to find out what happens next in it!

Which books are you most looking forward to reading in 2018? Let me know in the comments. 



No comments:

Post a Comment