Thursday 12 December 2019

Picture This: Mr Darcy and the Christmas Pudding


I'm almost at the end of the audiobook version of Pride and Prejudice, so this funny picture book was perfectly timed. Thank you New Frontier Publishing for sending me a copy!

Darcy, Lizzie and a host of other favourites are reimagined as farmyard animals, preparing for Christmas by making the mixture for a Christmas pudding. 

This story is about including everyone at Christmas - even Mr Collins the cat, who tries to eat Maria the mouse at the start of the story! - and coming together to celebrate and spend time together. 

It was very sweet and I really enjoyed reading it to my two-year-old. I also learnt about 'Stir-up Sunday', which I hadn't come across before.

It looks like this is part of a series, with two other Mr Darcy books. On the strength of this, I would love to read the first two!


Mr Darcy and the Christmas Pudding is written by Alex Field and illustrated by Peter Garnavas

No comments:

Post a Comment