Tuesday 10 September 2019

Picture This: Two Sides


I first noticed Two Sides on Twitter, but wasn't sure my five-year-old would quite be ready for it. When I found it in our local library at the start of the summer, I decided to give it a go. Reading wise, it was definitely too advanced for her, but we had fun reading it together instead - she did a few words on each page, and I did the rest. 

My daughter is really enjoying longer stories at the moment that we can read together over a few nights or weeks, but she still needs plenty of pictures to hold her interest. Two Sides was perfect for this - the artwork was bright and engaging.

The story itself was sweet and very relevant to the age range it's written for - I just know I'll be referring back to it again when she falls out with friends at school.

If you're looking for a story for children to read independently, I would recommend this to 6-8 year olds, but if you want a lovely, longer story to read to 4-5 year olds, the Two Sides is perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment