Thursday 10 March 2016

The Unmumsy Mum

The Unmumsy Mum by Sarah Turner


*****

The Unmumsy Mum writes candidly about motherhood like it really is: the messy, maddening, hilarious reality, how there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach and how it is sometimes absolutely fine to not know what you are doing. The lessons she's learnt while grappling with two small boys – from birth to teething, 3am night feeds to toddler tantrums, soft play to toilet training – will have you roaring with laughter and taking great comfort in the fact that it's definitely not just you {Goodreads Summary}

Can I give this book a million stars please? The Unmumsy Mum's blog posts and FB updates brighten my days. As it says on the back of the book "This is not a parenting manual. This is real life!" I could relate to so many of the anecdotes in this book and I'm sure I'll be relating to many more over the next few years. 

This book made me laugh, smile and cry (the chapter dedicated to Turner's mum took me a few attempts to get through), but there was also a really serious message inside the book: that it's okay not to love every second of parenthood, because some days are just a bit rubbish, but the good days, the smiles, the giggles and the cuddles make it all so very worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment