Saturday 7 January 2017

PopSugar 2017 Challenge

Despite failing miserably at last years, I'm still going to give the 2017 challenge a go. I will try to update the list below as I go along. You can find out more about the challenge here

A book recommended by a librarian
A book that's been on your TBR list forever {Snow Like Ashes}
A book of letters
An audiobook
A book by a person of colour {We Should All be Feminists}
A book with one of the four seasons in the title
A book that is a story within a story
A book with multiple authors
An espionage thriller
A book with a cat on the cover
A book by an author who uses a pseudonym {Jane Eyre}
A bestseller from a genre you don't usually read {American Gods}
A book by or about a person who has a disability {Crooked Kingdom}
A book involving travel {A Gathering of Shadows}
A book with a subtitle
A book that's published in 2017 {Carve the Mark}
A book involving a mythical creature {Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them}
A book you've read before that never fails to make you smile {Harry Potter - I'm due a series re-read!}
A book about food {The Weekend Baker}
A book with career advice {Structuring Your Novel}
A book from a nonhuman perspective {interesting... not sure what to try for this one}
A steampunk novel
A book with a red spine
A book set in the wilderness
A book you loved as a child {HP counts twice if I'm reading multiple books in the series, right?}
A book by an author from a country you've never visited {Way Down Dark}
A book with a title that's a character's name {Anna and the French Kiss}
A novel set during wartime {Margot & Me}
A book with an unreliable narrator {I love these! This is a great excuse to find a really good one}
A book with pictures {one of the many, many picture books I will be reading this year...}
A book where the main character is a different ethnicity than you
A book about an interesting woman
A book set in two different time periods {The Next Together}
A book with a month or day of the week in the title
A book set in a hotel
A book written by someone you admire {The Cursed Child}
A book that's becoming a movie in 2017 {I will need to do some research for this one as I can't think of any off the top of my head}
A book set around a holiday other than Christmas {An Easter story? Or a spooky Halloween read?}
The first book in a series you haven't read before {This Raging Light}
A book you bought on a trip

It's a really interesting list! There are some extension ones this year too, but since I usually struggle with the basic list I won't look at them quite yet. I've tried to fill in some of the gaps with novels I'm already planning to read. I will update with reviews as I go. 

Are you taking part? Let me know in the comments if so and please post your ideas for some of the categories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment