Monday 9 March 2020

5 Board Books for British Science Week

It's British science week! Because my husband is a physics teacher and my house is full of scientific picture books, I've written two posts for this week about our favourites (I could picked five per day but I'm restraining myself!) This first post is about some of the science board books we love. 


The Baby University books (Quantum Physics for Babies, Astrophysics for babies and the ABCs of Physics) make brilliant presents for new parents with an interest in science. We've bought so many of these for teacher friends expecting their first child, making use of the maths, biology and chemistry ranges too. While my children haven't started telling me about quantum mechanics over breakfast (thankfully!), they do really enjoy having these stories read to them and as my five-year-old learns about science in school, she's starting to recognise the occasional term. 

Peep Inside Space is part of the brilliant Peep Inside range from Usborne. This story features the same cute artwork and fun flaps as the other stories in this range. It teaches young readers about space suits and life on board the International Space Station. 

Another scientific ABC, my husband picked up the ABCs of Particle Physics in the gift shop at CERN. This board book has a sweet rhyming scheme and adorable artwork. "C is for cryostat, so icy and cold. D is for detector, where collisions unfold."

No comments:

Post a Comment