Wednesday 27 May 2020

Wonderland

Wonderland: Amazon.co.uk: Dawson, Juno: Books

Wonderland was a wild trip down a rabbit hole that I didn't want to end. Here are three reasons I loved it:

1. Alice was snarky, fierce and she leapt from the page. I loved everything about her, from her realistic teenage insecurities and struggle to work out who she is, to her quick comebacks and brilliant internal monologue. She is a very fun character to follow and was the perfect guide for somewhere as insane as Wonderland because she sees all its flaws and horrors as well as its wonder. 

2. Wonderland is a brilliant, contemporary twist on a classic. I loved the character names, all the little references, and the Alice in Wonderland craziness of the whole thing. Caterpillr, the croquet, and the constantly running Bunny. It was very clever and so much fun to read.

3. Wonderland was as addictive to read as Clean and I really struggled to put it down. There are so many crazy twists in the plot and I was never quite sure what was going to happen next (or how true to the classic story the ending would stay). Dawson's writing is superb and this story shines. 


No comments:

Post a Comment