Friday 5 June 2020

Let's Get Silly! The Summer Reading Challenge 2020


Going to the library to get our Summer Reading Challenge stickers was one the highlights of our summer holiday last year. It was my daughter's first year taking part and she's very proud of her medal. We're very lucky to have a community-run library in our village and love making the most of it. This year's summer reading challenge will be rather different, but I'm so pleased we'll be able to get involved. 

Today, I wanted to celebrate some of my favourite silly children's stories: 


Oi Frog!
I think the books in this series are the most-read picture books in our house. The rhyme scheme creates lots of comedy and the pictures are very funny too. 

Going to the Volcano
I borrowed this from the library and can still recite it off by heart when my kids are in need of a giggle. Head off with Jane-o to look at the Volcano, but be careful not to get too close...

Shh! We Have a Plan
Another one I can recite without the book to hand! This was one of the first stories my children started to join in with, and it always makes us laugh. This story is how not to catch a bird.

The One-Stop Story Shop
A shop for stories, for when your adventure isn't going quite the way you'd planned...

Do Not Disturb the Dragons
One to pre-order now, ready for when it comes out at the beginning of July. Do Not Disturb the Dragons is a chapter book about princesses who want to break all the rules and become knights.


Join in with the Summer Reading Challenge fun on social media today by sharing your favourite silly stories. You can meet this year's Silly Squad below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment