Monday 15 October 2018

A Reading Update

Why do I always let my reviews backlog like this? Why?

I've read some brilliant books over the past few months, but I'm struggling to write any reviews of them now because too much time has passed! I'm going to stay up to date from here on in, but here's a quick round of up what I've been reading lately: 


  • Out of the Blue
  • Circe
  • Friendship Fails of Emma Nash
  • Slay
  • City of Brass
Out of the Blue was a beautiful novel that made me desperately want to visit Scotland (and feel a bit ashamed for not having done so already). 

I'm going to leave Circe for now as I'm going to a talk at the South Bank Centre featuring Madeline Miller very soon, so I'll blog about how amazing (so, so, so amazing) this novel is then. 

Friendship Fails of Emma Nash will probably be my book of the year. It brought on tears of laughter and left me feeling happier than I'd been when I started it. Chloe Seager is a comedy genius and she's going on my auto-buy list.

Slay was a really fun read that I think I'd have enjoyed more if I'd read it when I was a teenager. Ten-fifteen years ago, I know I would have been obsessed with this novel. I would recommend it to teenage music fans everywhere!

City of Brass: I can't believe I let this sit unread on my kindle for so long! I've already preordered the second book so that I can read it the moment it comes out. The world building in this novel is amazing. 

I've almost finished The Rose and The Dagger, so hopefully I'll post a full review of that next week. The writing is so beautiful I'm struggling to put it down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment