Saturday 5 January 2019

The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven


Izzy O’Neill is an aspiring comic, an impoverished orphan, and a Slut Extraordinaire. Or at least, that’s what the malicious website flying round the school says. Izzy can try all she wants to laugh it off – after all, her sex life, her terms – but when pictures emerge of her doing the dirty with a politician’s son, her life suddenly becomes the centre of a national scandal. Izzy’s never been ashamed of herself before, and she’s not going to start now. But keeping her head up will take everything she has... {goodreads}

Three things I loved about The Exact Opposite of Okay:

1. The humour. There were so many jokes that I immediately wanted to message my sister about. I know that if I'd been reading this on my kindle, I would have highlighted something on almost every page. 

2. Izzy was a really endearing character. I loved her voice and she was someone you definitely root ed for. 

3. Behind the humour and the heart, the topic at the centre of this story is really important, and one definitely worth reading about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment