Friday 3 July 2020

Do Not Disturb the Dragons


This story was lots of fun and had me giggling from page one! 

Grace and Portia are princesses in a kingdom governed by a series of strict rules, which must be kept in order to keep the resident dragons happy. But Grace and Portia really want to be knights and play Troll-O, and they don't see why putting on some trousers will make the dragons leave...

I read Do Not Disturb the Dragons to myself for review but will be reading it to my five year old at bedtime because I know she'll find it even funnier than I did! I think unicorns called Poop, troll drool and the constant danger of dragon droppings (which you can't wash off because they're lucky) will make this story a huge hit with its target audience. It's set in a fantastic fairytale world, with friendly imps, trolls who love nothing more than pretending to be footballs and dragons who must be kept happy at all costs. 

All of the chapters were named after silly rules that would be broken in that chapter, giving readers a humorous glimpse into what is about to happen. The plot hurries along at just the right pace and has a satisfying ending. 

Sharon Davey has provided adorable illustrations which bring the characters to life. I loved the little dragons on their towers and her unicorns were also very sweet. 

I really enjoyed Grace and Portia's adventure and would recommend it to anyone in search of a funny chapter book that will keep kids utterly entertained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment