Tuesday 7 July 2020

Picture This: Poo in the Zoo - The Great Poo Mystery


I've already lost count of the number of times I have been asked to read this book since it arrived - when I finished for the first time, my three-year-old asked me to start again immediately! It has been an instant hit in my house, and I'm sure it will be equally popular with other young children. 

Bob McGrew's zoo is kept clean and tidy by Robbie the Robot, who whizzes around cleaning up after all the animals. But one morning, Bob wakes up to find Robbie gone and his zoo covered in poo. Arabella Slater, Poo Investigator, arrives to save the day. Can she find Robbie and work out what's going on in Bob's zoo? 

Steve Smallman is the author of many of our funniest picture books, and young children will find this story very, very funny. The rhyming scheme makes it fun to read aloud too, and Ada Grey's artwork is sweet and cute, despite the less-than-adorable subject matter! My three-year-old particularly likes the double-page illustrations of the zoo at the beginning and end of the book, which are full of tiny details and give us lots to talk about. 

Thank you Little Tiger for sending me a copy of Poo In The Zoo - The Great Poo Mystery, to review. 


Poo In The Zoo - The Great Poo Mystery is written by Steve Smallman and illustrated by Ada Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment