Wednesday 22 May 2019

Writing Wednesdays

Here's a little update on what I've been writing recently:

On Sapphire Wings
My free-verse fantasy story is still being posted on Wattpad twice a week. I'm really enjoying this as a way to challenge my writing and improve my style. You can read Gwen's adventures Irryss racing here.

Democracy is Dead 
DiD started life as Amber & Ice. I unsuccessfully queried it under a different title a few years ago, but it felt so timely (it's about direct democracy and the way our political preferences are influenced by the world around us without us realising) that I decided to start posting the updated version on Wattpad. It's been consistently in the top three Wattpad novels tagged democracy (at the moment it's second to Amber & Ice!), and has been Wattpad's top SpecFic novel for a few weeks now as well. I fell out of love with this story after I was unsuccessful querying it, so I'm really excited by how well it's being received on Wattpad. You can read it here


Fearful
I'm still in the middle of querying Fearful, my novel about friendship, prophecies and apothecaries. I've had a couple of full requests, one of which I'm still waiting to hear back from, so things are going fairly well. 

Mirrored Snow
I have finished and edited my full novel version of the gender-reversed Snow White reimagining which started out as a short story on Wattpad. I've received some brilliant feedback on the finished version, but I'm holding off on querying until I see what happens with Fearful. 

I'll be back soon with another writing update, but in the meantime I'll be posting lots more YA and picture book reviews. I finished Enchantée this week and can't wait to share all my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment