Thursday 3 September 2020

Picture This: I Really, Really Need a Wee

When a little bushbaby realises too late that he needs the toilet, there isn't an empty one to be found. He's jiggly-wiggly desperate enough to brave bears and impossibly long queues, hopping up and down as his luck grows worse and worse. 

This picture book was an instant hit in our house. I've been asked to read it more times than I can count (even on the first day). My eldest has even been reading it to her younger brother and anything that encourages my book-mad but reluctant-reader daughter to actually sit and read words from a page is worthy of high praise!

I Really, Really Need a Wee is hilarious from beginning to end (and I think the end is my children's favourite). It's light-hearted and silly, and a story you can read again and again.

The illustrations are very funny - especially the little bushbaby's facial expressions, and every page is bright and colourful. Even the end pages are humorous and my three-year-old has spent ages flicking back and forth between them. 

Thank you so much Little Tiger for sending us a copy to review. 

I Really, Really Need a Wee is written by Karl Newson and illustrated by Duncan Beedie

No comments:

Post a Comment