Friday 4 September 2020

Write Mentor

An extra post today because I forgot to schedule something in to celebrate!

Over the past few months I've been working hard with the wonderful Marisa Noelle on redrafting my YA, gender-reversed retelling of Snow White - Mirrored Snow - which is told from the perspective of a girl trapped inside the wicked queen's mirror. 

This has been part of the incredible Write Mentor Mentoring Programme and I'm so pleased and proud with the change Marisa's help has made to my story. 

You can read my cover letter and the first 500 words of Mirrored Snow as part of the agent showcase - and make sure you check out the other mentees' works too as they are incredible. There's even an anthology of all the entries. 

If you were following my blog last year, you'll know how much I admire Marisa's writing, so it was amazing to have the chance to work with her. 

I don't post many writing relating posts anymore, so if you'd like a more in-depth post about how the mentoring process works let me know in the comments and I'll write something soon. 

Regardless of what the agent showcase brings, I'm proud of this story and I will take so much invaluable expertise with me into future projects as a result of the mentoring process. Write Mentor is such an incredible writing resource and Stuart White is a huge asset to the writing community. If you haven't checked Write Mentor out already, please do - especially as their virtual writing conference - Wow Con - takes place later this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment