Tuesday 29 September 2020

Picture This: My Friends and Me



Everyone's family is different - from brunch loving dads, to cake baking single parents, and even juggling foster mums - but if there's one thing adults are all great at, it's loving the children in their care. 

I know a book must be really good when I'm taking photos to send to my sister as I read it! This is the sort of picture book I have always been on the look out for - one that celebrates family in all its many, varied forms, where everyone is welcome and loved with equal acceptance. It's the sort of story which makes you feel warm and happy once you finish it. 

Halford's colourful artwork is full of small details and funny annotations. I particularly like Kate's amazing brunch, which is aptly captioned 'best meal ever'. 

Little Tiger are brilliant champions of diversity and acceptance, so this story has found the perfect home on their list. I'm already recommending it to everyone I know. 


Thank you Little Tiger for sending me a copy of My Friends and Me for review. 

My Friends and Me is written by Stephanie Stansbie and illustrated by Katy Halford

No comments:

Post a Comment