Friday 18 September 2020

The Haunting of Aveline Jones



A chilling Halloween treat that's perfect for snuggling down with on a stormy October night. 

The Haunting of Aveline Jones is a fast paced, spooky read which kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. I couldn't put it down!

It will delight fans of ghost stories, thanks to it's fantastic, eerie setting and chilling conclusion. I will definitely be thinking about this atmospheric story next time I'm near the sea during a storm... If you like to be scared, it would be a great story to read on holiday, while staying in an unfamiliar place!

It is also full of great characters and some lovely, if unusual, friendships. The adults were as well developed as the children, which it was great to see too. 

Robinson's spooky illustrations add to the unsettling atmosphere. 

The Haunting of Aveline Jones is a brilliant, quick spooky read that opens what is sure to be a fantastic series. I will definitely be ordering the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment